Sunday 21 June 2015

Anniversary, now again


Anniversary, now again


It is today three years ago I started my blog and that is cause for celebration. Well, at least I will celebrate a little and maybe have a whiskey or so tonight… Ah, but it is has been three great years and have am still enjoying writing this little blog.

The past year has been an ordinary year in the sense that there has been no new movies added this far down the list and no catching up to do. Last year at this time I was at movie number 218 and now I am at 281. That is 63 movies in a year. Add to that two title from the Danish list and I make it 65 movies. Not that impressive really, but that is in fact right on target, so I am content with that. 

Last year at this time I was in 1948 and now I have just opened 1954, which makes for 6 years. This is a little better than last year, but lately the years have swollen and I think I should be happy doing 4 years over the next year.

I have opened up the fifties and with a new decade comes new experiences. An increasing number of movies are now in color and the technical level has improved quite a bit since the forties. Acting and direction has developed as well with the advent of method acting. This essentially bring a new realism into movies, making them feel less staged and I believe I see some influence from Italian Neorealism. Finally, of course there are new actors and actresses in that natural replacement that can be expected.

The past year also saw the birth of my book blog. This project however is moving very slowly. Two books reviewed does not impress anybody. But wait and see, I am busy reading old Japanese books these days.

Finally I would like to thank everybody reading and commenting on the blog. It is the greatest thing to know that somebody reads your stuff and I really do not mind when everybody disagrees with my on my lame analyses.   

10 comments:

  1. Keep 'em coming! Here's to the next three years and the three after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I intend to and I will need that kind of time to get through the list.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Ted! It's been fun sharing your journey one step behind you. Thanks for all your comments on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. that step will soon be just a half step and then no step at all. You will seen overtake me.

      Delete
  3. A belated but nonetheless sincere Happy Three Years! Always enjoy reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It is the purpose of any writer to be read. For that writing to be enjoyed is a nice and unbelievably big cherry on top of the cake (strange image, but true).

      Delete